NetSuite unveils major global ERP enhancements
New Functionality Spans Global Financials, Revenue Recognition, Billing, SRP, SCM and GRC to Empower Companies Ready for Next
SUITEWORLD 2017, LAS VEGAS, Nev.—April 26, 2017—Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit (GBU), the industry's leading provider of cloud financials / ERP, HR and omnichannel commerce software suites, today announced the new release of major global ERP features. These new cloud ERP features are designed to ready businesses for next, with a host of enhancements to its core ERP suite. The new functionality spans global financials, revenue recognition, billing, Services Resource Planning (SRP), Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC). These enhancements give NetSuite customers the ability to continue to scale and innovate efficiently.
NetSuite keeps customers ready for next with two major upgrades every year, with customisations that carry forward automatically, giving customers the assurance that they’re always on the latest version of the software.
“For many years, NetSuite has been the clear leader in global cloud financials and ERP. With this release the lead just got bigger,” said Jim McGeever, Executive Vice President of Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit. “The major investments we have made in product development over the last several years, combined with the incremental Oracle resources, have allowed us to deliver the greatest amount of new financial and ERP features and functionality ever.”
Global Financials: more automation and simplification of complex multi-company and multi-country financials
- New Intercompany Journal Entry: As NetSuite continues to extend and enhance its best of breed global financials capabilities, NetSuite OneWorld delivers the advanced intercompany journal entry capability which allows accountants more flexibility and control when booking intercompany transactions.
- GL Impact Locking: NetSuite is introducing new functionality designed to help customers meet the accounting and compliance requirements of many countries around the world. The new functionality also improves support for GRC mandates such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), internal controls, enhanced GL audit numbering, and more visible changes to financial records.
- FX Revaluation Sustainability: Many companies have changed their operating structures, expanded internationally, and often transact business in multiple global currencies. Enterprises that report financial results in one currency may have branches or subsidiaries operating in different currency environments. Those businesses may, in turn, engage in transactions denominated in currencies different from the operating currency requiring them to meet the local statutory compliance requirements.
Revenue Recognition and Billing: simplifying complexities
- Next Generation Revenue Management: With new, more onerous revenue recognition regulations due to take effect over the next couple of years, revenue management is already a really big deal. NetSuite's Advanced Revenue Management automates revenue forecasting, allocation, recognition, reclassification, and auditing through a rule-based event handling framework. It is designed to support compliance with the ASC 606 revenue standard. With advanced revenue management you can defer revenue for recognition across future periods according to the rules you configure. It supports fair values based on vendor-specific objective evidence (VSOE), best estimate of selling price (ESP), and third-party evidence providing greater flexibility and transparency in recognising revenue.
- Billing Price Books: Allows for multiple pricing schemes to be available for each subscription plan whether it’s by currency or region, or any other dimension critical to the business.
Services Resource Planning: more flexibility, automation for services companies
- Improved Performance and Ease of Use when Running Charges: Running large numbers of charge transactions can be tedious and time consuming. Improvements in the latest version address many of these problems and improve the entire user experience.
- Time Rejection Note: Enforces that timesheet approvals provide details as to why a timesheet entry was rejected and what actions the submitter must take to address the errors.
- Time Threshold Improvements: Adds additional rules to enforce limits for timesheet hour entry and produce fewer errors.
- Enhancements to Contract Renewals: Flexible contract creation, creating contracts based on status of sales order, flexible start date for renewals, relieve restrictions imposed by the contract, and flexible maintenance and support pricing.
- Improve Billing Flexibility with Billing Rate Cards: Tailor billing rates per customer and project, consolidate view of billing rates and optimise rate cards across eco-system of customers and projects.
Supply Chain Management: more optimisation of complex supply chains
- In-Transit Accounting Enhancements: The inclusion of in-transit quantities and amounts in the Group Average Cost feature allows customers to have better visibility of their total investment and activity relative to the items they are managing across locations.
- Enhanced Transfer Order Processing: Inventory managers can now move inventory using intercompany and transfer orders at cost, while warehouse managers can now declare the inventory ownership on the intercompany and transfer orders to change either at time of shipment or receipt.
- Vendor Dashboard: The new vendor dashboard provides at-a-glance access to any and all information related to your vendors and also allows you to customise the screen – choosing from a variety of standard or custom reports, saved searches, KPI’s, charts, tasks and alerts.
- New WMS Lite Features: Including fulfilment, receiving, inventory movements and the ability to create flexible cycle count plans that can be reused to speed up count generation process, simple replenishment based on orders, being able to execute picking on RF device without Pick Reports. Users can now enter transactions using different and multiple UOMs. The UOM conversion information and calculations for the transaction will also be visible. A new icon based touch menu interface improves the look and feel of the mobile application.
- Phantom BOMs: More easily supports complex BOM structures and systems by using phantoms to streamline the engineering process.
- Edit In-Process Work Orders: Handles the unknowns of manufacturing by making on-the-fly changes to the work order to account for re-work, repair and unexpected situations.
GRC: more GRC controls
- Enhanced 2FA: All users with non-customer center roles are able to use time-based one-time password (TOTP) Authenticator applications as their second factor to log in to NetSuite. Examples include Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator (Both on Screen), Okta Verify, Duo Mobile, Authy or any other authenticator app that supports the TOTP algorithm defined by IETF RFC 6238.
- Detailed Audit Trails for Script and Script Deployment: This enhancement gives development teams, account administrators and auditors granular and detailed visibility into changes to these records, by whom and when. As with other system notes in NetSuite, this is also a searchable audit trail.
“We’re repeatedly amazed with the features NetSuite continues to add to the product and their commitment to ongoing development,” said John Gardiner, President and CFO at DiscoverOrg, a leading sales intelligence software provider. “The latest enhancements to billing and revenue recognition are going to have a big impact on our business and our bottom line.”
About Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit
Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit pioneered the Cloud Computing revolution in 1998, establishing the world’s first company dedicated to delivering business applications over the internet. Today, Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit provides a suite of cloud-based financials / Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), HR and omnichannel commerce software that runs the business of companies in more than 100 countries. For more information, please visit http://www.netsuite.com.sg.
Follow Oracle NetSuite Global Business Unit’s Cloud blog, Facebook page and @NetSuiteAPAC Twitter handle for real-time updates.
Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications and platform services. For more information about Oracle (NYSE:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.